baruchel on Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:04:03 +0200

Integrating Pari-GP to the Vim editor

Hi, I spent some time integrating various interpreters to the Vim editor by turning it to a
"notebook" system (like what you have with Mathematica, Maple, iPython notebook, etc.

I first treid to do it with Maxima, then with many other programs, including
Pari-GP. Since I managed to make it work very well with Pari-GP, I would like
to tell about it there.

You write a document with "cells" of code and you can evaluate each cell, with
the interpreter remaining alive in the background from a cell to another one.

Thus you can mix natural language document and Pari-GP code, and interact with
the interpreter from your document.

See: https://github.com/baruchel/vim-notebook

I tried it with an old version of Pari-GP and I hope the settings are the
best ones with newer versions also. I hope you may find it useful.

Best regards,

--
Thomas Baruchel