Bill Allombert on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 15:56:09 +0200

Re: Library on Windows

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 10:37:18AM +0200, Rafael Guglielmetti wrote:
> Dear PARI Users,
> I'd like to know if it is possible to use the PARI library on Windows (with
> Visual Studio).
>
> What I did:
>
>  * get the libpari.dll and create a .lib from it
>  * create the paricfg.h file using the scripts in config/
>
> When I try to compile, I still missed the file "parimt.h" and I don't find
> it.

The installer for PARI 2.8.0 should include all the needed headers files:
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unstable/Pari32-2-8-0.exe>
or
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unstable/Pari64-2-8-0.exe>
ls include/pari
genpari.h   paricfg.h   parierr.h  pariinl.h  pariold.h   paristio.h
paritype.h
mpinl.h     paricom.h   parigen.h  parimt.h   pariport.h  parisys.h
paricast.h  paridecl.h  pari.h     parinf.h   paripriv.h  paritune.h

If you build PARI on windows, you need to use msys, and then follow the
instruction for unix-like systems (use ./Configure --prefix='C:/pari' and make)
In that case you need to run 'make install' to get all the headers files.