Max Alekseyev on Mon, 07 Nov 2016 20:37:27 +0100

Re:

Hi Charles,
You can transform your equation into a Fermat-Pell one:
Y^2 - 8*A*x^2 = B^2
where Y=2*A*y+B.
Then you need to consider its solutions Y modulo 2*A (they will be periodic) to figure out if there are those that are congruent to -B.

Regards,
Max