Bill Allombert on Wed, 08 Mar 2017 00:31:21 +0100

Re: gp2c on OSX El Capitan , no.2

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 11:33:39PM +0100, Ulf Kuehn wrote:
> dear bill,
>
> thanks for your hint,  to be sure of using the correct pari.cfg i
> reinstalled pari from git , but unfortunally still the same error occurs.

Actually, It is probably easier with pari 2.9.1.

The problem is not when building gp2c, but when building PARI.
You need to do 'make install' and then use the pari.cfg from the
installation (in $prefix/lib/pari/pari.cfg) for compiling gp2c.

(actually gp2c only need this information for gp2c-run and for running
the test suite so that it knows how to locate the right version of
gp to use and what is the correct compiler instruction to build the
module. You can still use gp2c without it)

I suggest you use the instruction there:
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/Events/PARI2017/talks/sources.pdf>
Starting from 'PARI compilation'.

On OS X, you need to install a working 'flex' binary. the one shipped
with all OS X version is completely broken, so at least one test fails.

If it still fails, please send me your pari.cfg file.