Watson Ladd on Wed, 19 Apr 2017 21:58:56 +0200

Class groups and S-units of relative extension

Dear all,

I have a number field L obtained as a tower over a number field K that I would like to obtain the S-units of. Currently I treat L as global which is infeasible (It has huge degree). If I use bnfinit (rnfinit (K, pol)) will this use the relative algorithms or will it attempt the absolute one? Furthermore, if L is a compositum of simpler fields can I use that information as well?

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd