Max Alekseyev on Thu, 19 Sep 2024 21:42:33 +0200

Re: concurrent computation of a function

Hi Bill,

Would compiling GP with debugging info and checking the crash backtrace help here?
If so, I'd be interested to step in debugging the issue.

Regards,
Max

On Thu, Sep 19, 2024 at 3:34 PM Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 19, 2024 at 03:21:19PM -0400, Max Alekseyev wrote:
> I've tried to use the error() approach extensively in my code and
> immediately got a "real" error:
>
> free(): double free detected in tcache 2
> Aborted (core dumped)

This is exactly the kind of problems I warned you about.
To fix this we would need to know exactly what line of C
code was executed when the process was interrupted.
This is very hard to come by.