Charles Greathouse on Mon, 23 Sep 2024 19:09:49 +0200

Re: How to compute functions defined by recurrences?

And indeed
-5/36 * prodnumrat(1-5/24/k/(3*(k-1)/2),2)
is about -0.1205, so my empirical k was (approximately) correct.

I recognize that this doesn't address the part of your question about computing the whole polynomial for large n. My code generates D_250(x) in about 8 seconds, which isn't bad considering the output is around 1 MB (a bit more printed, a bit less internal). I'm sure there are clever ways to do it better but if you need a bit output it's never going to be super fast.