Annegret Weng on Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:18:12 +0100 (MEZ)

relative number fields

I am using the Pari-Library and I would like to create a relative number
field by using the function rnfinitalg. But I always get a run time error.

First I created a number field nf with the function nfinit0 and with a
polynomial in # (say for example #^2+5). Then I created an object of type
polmod (e.g. 3*#+2). Finally I called rnfinitalg with the parameters nf,
a polynomial in x having as a coefficients objects of type polmod and
prec=3. At the end I got the error message "type mod I forbidden in gmod".
What did I do wrong?

Annegret