Justin C. Walker on Tue, 3 Dec 2002 18:16:45 -0800

Re: --host in Configure

Ha!  It now works!

The problem is one that's been discussed for the 'dlcompat' library, viz: the Mac OS X compilers generate names of the form "_foo". The 'dlcompat' by default that the user of the library will supply the leading underscore, while most imported code assumes that the underlying system will do the correct thing with the name unadorned.

This can be handled in the 'pari' build process by adding "-Ddlsym=dlsym_prepend_underscore" to the CFLAGS during the build (only for the files that include dlfcn.h). How do I set up Configure to do this? It appears by inspection that I only need to do this for
   src/gp/highlvl.c
   src/graph/plotgnuplot.c
and possibly (but I don't think so)
   config/has_dlopen.c