Bill Allombert on Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:01:03 +0100

Re: --host in Configure

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 06:16:45PM -0800, Justin C. Walker wrote:
> Ha!  It now works!
>
> The problem is one that's been discussed for the 'dlcompat' library,
> viz: the Mac OS X compilers generate names of the form "_foo".  The
> 'dlcompat' by default that the user of the library will supply the
> leading underscore, while most imported code assumes that the underlying
> system will do the correct thing with the name unadorned.

Well I was really not expecting that my patches would allow install()
to works. I think it is rather the use of dlcompat by itself.

Also the informations I found insist that loadable module must
be compiled with 'cc -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress'
instead of -dynamic.

I can more or less easily tweak gp2c-run to build modules
with these options if it is needed.

There are several issues to be addressed currently:
1) What do -install-path.
2) How can we set a runpath (if it make sense).
3) What is the equivalent of -export-dynamic.
4) How do we detect that dlcompat is available?

Cheers,
Bill