Bill Allombert on Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:08:27 +0100

Re: Experimental javascript port of GP

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 02:42:12AM -0500, Charles Greathouse wrote:
> This is great! I notice it doesn't work (at least for me) in Chrome, though
> I tested that it works in Firefox and Edge. (Any Safari/IE/Opera/etc. users
> want to chime in?)

It works fine with chromium here, though it is slower than with firefox.

> I actually attempted this not long ago, though I got stuck toward the end
> of the process with dependencies.

I disabled all dependencies. I am glad we kept GP free of hard dependencies.

> My goal was to get gp2c working, both for
> its intended purpose and with -G as a code cleanup tool. Any chance of
> getting this working?

Take the official gp2c 0.0.9pl5 tarball, apply the patch d88e5e5 from
git and do

emconfigure ./configure
cp desc/func27.dsc src/func.dsc
cd src
make 'AM_CFLAGS=-DFUNCDSC_PATH=\"func.dsc\"'
emcc --embed-file func.dsc  -o gp2c.html *.o

(this embed the func.dsc file inside the js)

Then you get
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/gp/gp2c.html>
(enter your gp code in the window, then do OK+Cancel+Cancel)

Of course the user interface needs to be written.