Ariel Pacetti on Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:07:58 +0200

Re: Dirichlet L-Functions

A stupid question (from my ignorance): I heard a talk recently by Guardia-Montes-Nart about a package they implemented in magma to compute factorization of ideals and many other number field invariants without computing explicitely the ring of integers (which I presume Pari does, right?). They posted the algorithm in arxiv

http://arxiv.org/abs/1005.4596

where they can work with quite big number fields (I suggested them to implement L-series computations, and answered will do), do you (experts in Pari) think it is worth it to have something similar implemented in GP? (I saw it has nothing to do with the standard way to write down ideals nor integers which might be a LOT of work to do, and so far I only can think in computing L-functions and ideal factorizations as applications).

I am just sharing my question with you all....

Ariel