Bill Allombert on Tue, 21 Jun 2016 00:23:02 +0200

Re: File conflict when using sigma in several instances of GP

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 11:42:51AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello Lars,
>
> This is a known problem on Windows. For some reason the code dedicated
> to clean up the temporary directories does not work as intended.
> We do not know why.

After investigating with Lars, we found that the issue was caused by a
virus scanner that opens the temporary files generated by MPQS for
reading, which prevent PARI to rename the file.

One solution is to retry to rename the file until it succeeds.

I have made a branch bill-mpqs-rename
and a test binary
http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/snapshots/gp-c31ede08.exe

If you suffer from the MPQS prblem on Windows, please test it and tell
me whether this improves things.