Bill Allombert on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:25:35 +0200

Re: File conflict when using sigma in several instances of GP

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 12:23:00AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 11:42:51AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Hello Lars,
> >
> > This is a known problem on Windows. For some reason the code dedicated
> > to clean up the temporary directories does not work as intended.
> > We do not know why.
>
> After investigating with Lars, we found that the issue was caused by a
> virus scanner that opens the temporary files generated by MPQS for
> reading, which prevent PARI to rename the file.
>
> If you suffer from the MPQS problem on Windows, please test it and tell
> me whether this improves things.

I have made new binaries that should also make sure the temporary
directory is removed.

Please test.

Thanks goes to Lars for investigating this long-standing issue.

32bit
http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/snapshots/gp32-13b0ecb.exe
64bit
http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/snapshots/gp64-13b0ecb.exe