Ilya Zakharevich on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:31:19 -0700

Re: functions returning int with 'l' protocodes.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 10:44:18PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:43:45PM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 09:40:07PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > ...And there is no code-letter for integer argument anyway?  What is
> > your point?  When one adds support for the code-letter, one can the
> > function as well...
>
> Here is 'my first paragraph' that I was speaking about:
>
>     For now, only output is neccessary. And since we are going to redesign
>     the system, it is not a high priority to allow installed functions
>     to take an int. Especially since there is no 't_INT to C int' conversions
>     routines in GP.

Why do I get an impression that when you say "we do not need it", you
mean "I do not need it"...  My point is very simple: the manual
advocates using install() to reach, e.g., CRTL functions.  And
currently, there is no way to do it on alpha.

> And yes, we are really going to redesign the system. You can download
> the description patch from <http://www.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~allomber/desc>.

No, I can't.  ;-)   At least now.  ;-)

Ilya