Bill Allombert on Wed, 29 Nov 2017 21:58:02 +0100

Re: high-level NEWS file?

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 01:43:16PM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> > * Bill Allombert <Ovyy.Nyybzoreg@zngu.h-obeqrnhk.se> [2017-11-29 17:53:00 +0100]:
> >
> > How are you using all these functions ?
> > Do you need some replacement code ?
> > Are you doing some kind of GP name to libpari name conversion ?
>
> CLISP has had a PARI interaction module for 20+ years.
> It was not maintained for the last few years and I am trying to get it
> to compile again without losing too much functionality.

> bnf_get_fu: new identifier
>
> not very informative...

bnf_get_fu is a libpari function not a GP function, you need to look up
chapter 6 of the manual:

\fun{GEN}{bnf_get_fu}{GEN bnf} returns the fundamental units. Raise
an error if the \var{bnf} does not contain units in algebraic form.

Cheers,
Bill