John Cremona on Tue, 09 Jul 2024 18:34:08 +0200

Re: Question: trying to locate other Diophantine triples from certain elliptic curves

(briefly)

To get a point on the curve you need the product of the three factors to be a square. The stronger condition that each factor separately is a square is simply the condition that the point is double another point.  So getting one point is enough: if the separate factors are not squares, double the point!

I agree entirely with Bill.

John