Karim Belabas on Tue, 16 Jul 2024 11:32:31 +0200

Re: vector of t_FRAC questions

* hermann@stamm-wilbrandt.de [2024-07-16 10:58]:
[...]
> Thanks, you are absolutely right.
> I am victim of very slow dvi viewer that gets opened on "??gcd", which
> displays  at a very small font. Increasing window and zooming takes a
> lot of time.
>
> I missed that last sentence you showed, which describes behavior exactly.

On Unix-like systems, you may want to fiddle the 'GPXDVI' environment
variable. Experiment with things like

  env GPXDVI="/usr/bin/xdvi -fullscreen -s 4" ./gp

(then '??') before recording a suitable value of GPXDVI in you .bashrc
or equivalent.

> How can I get "??gcd" help in terminal instead of dvi viewer?

Something like

  help     = "gphelp -detex -utf8 -ch 4 -cb 0 -cu 2"

in your .gprc (see 'man gphelp' for the meaning of he various flags).

Note that you can also call 'gphelp' directly, it works outside of gp.
You can turn the above command into an alias and use it in a terminal.

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Pr. Karim Belabas, U. Bordeaux, Vice-président en charge du Numérique
Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux UMR 5251 - (+33) 05 40 00 29 77